National Safety, Risk, and Compliance Manager (NSRCM)
Provide leadership engendering a culture that maintains our position as a safe, accessible, fun and educational aviation enterprise for our members.
The NSRCM is responsible for providing guidance and direction for the planning, implementation and operation of the organisation’s safety management system (SMS).
As a key leader within our organisation you will, actively support and promote the SMS and ensure that they and their staff comply with the SMS processes and procedures and continually monitor their area of responsibility, as outlined in the SMS manual.
- Manage, lead and co-ordinate workflows across the safety office
- Safety Advocacy:
- Demonstrate excellent safety behaviour and attitude, follows regulatory practices and rules, recognises and reports hazards, and promotes effective safety reporting.
- Safety Management:
- Using the occurrence management system (OMS), develop predictive indicators for organisation-wide safety improvements.
- Monitor the OMS in line with safety performance indicators and provide advice to the CEO and leadership team as required.
- Day-to-day oversight and operation of the SMS
- Manages the audit program/performing as it relates to safety
- Operation of the safety committee
- Manages the investigation of incidents in accordance with the Emergency Response Plan
- Maintains the hazard register
- Assists in the continuous improvement of hazard identification, safety risk assessment and the organisation’s SMS.
- Safety Communication:
- Promotes two-way communication: brings safety issues to the attention of the CEO
- Delivers safety information to the organisation’s staff, contractors and stakeholders.
- Provides and articulates information regarding safety issues within the organisation.
- Take part in the strategic management of the organisation.
- Play an active role in major projects undertaken by the organisation.
- Prepare reports, papers and advice for Chief Executive Officer (the CEO) and board as required.
- Assist with other activities and attend where necessary, such as business development, public relations, air shows, member and external forums.
- Other duties as directed by the CEO.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- At least five years’ experience in a senior executive role.
- Experience with safety management systems, change management and risk management.
- Experience with using Microsoft Office applications such as Project, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Formal qualifications in management or a related field.
- Experience developing and delivering projects in line with contemporary project management principles.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated skills and experience in overseeing an SMS
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing and championing a safety culture
- Project management skills with the ability to collaborate with colleagues, third parties, stakeholders and members in achieving project outcomes.
- A very high attention to detail in all forms of corporate communications.
- Well-honed leadership skills and the ability to manage and lead staff.
- The ability to lead by example and promote a culture of self-responsibility.
- Exceptional writing skills in a range of writing styles, including reports, letters, emails and submissions.
- Demonstrated willingness and commitment to promote the philosophy of he organisation.
- Ability to quickly acquire relevant knowledge.
- Knowledge and understanding of the policies of he organisation or the ability to quickly acquire such knowledge.
- High degree of attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Highly-developed organisation skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with a diversity of individuals from both within and outside the organisation.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain confidentiality in dealing with issues of a sensitive nature.
- High degree of motivation and reliability.